BTN: Sheep Burping

Have a look at the link below and watch and follow the transcript.

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3689506.htm

What are some things we can do at home and school to help reduce pollution in Australia?

Please leave a comment below with your ideas!

19 thoughts on “BTN: Sheep Burping

1. I disagree of the sheep burping because that’s basically telling us that
    no body should burp from now on. It’s actually really bad for yourself because not letting your farts and burps out can cause a serious accident because it could go through the wrong direction inside your body. So I think you should fart or burp anytime.

2. maybe we should always put our rubbish in the bin. And Cindy in Grade 3 I tried to hold in my farts in for one day but it didn’t go as planned……

3. I both disagree & agree. Because if you don’t let out your fart/burp you might feel sick. But you’ll probably have to let it out anyway which is OK (kinda). So try to hold it in but if you need to fart/burp, Do It.

4. Some of the things we can do at home and school to reduce pollution are: bring your own bags to Coles instead of using plastic bags because if they’re not thrown in the rubbish, they will kill all the fish in the sea, walk or use public transport instead of driving, plant a tree and use less power by turning off the lights when you’re not in a room.

5. It was funny. Lucky they didn’t have to go into the tent. At school we can recycle, compost and plant more trees. The teachers should share a lift with other teachers.

• Hi Josh,
      I think that teachers should car pool together. That’s a great idea. I’m going to ask Miss Mansfield to come and pick me up on her way to school.

6. I disagree because we can’t hold fart and burps in or something bad will happen, and eny way farts and burps are natural. But don’t fart and burp a lot it will get SMELLY!. So in conclustion you should fart and burp but not a lot and just fart softly and block your mouth when burping. THANK YOU! for helping the environment and everyone else. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

7. I think that sheep’s and cattle can’t help burping/farting so I think that developing a medication that reduces methane coming out of them would be ideal and a maybe a solution. I wish I had medicine for that!

8. I disagree because we have to let out our farts and all that because it is natural. I know it may be yucky and all but if you keep it inn when you get off your chair you will make a very big fart. Burping that is air that you have swallowed so if you keep it in, your tummy will rumble and you will need to burp it out again.

9. I think we should waste less and recycle more. Healthy food is important because you would stay healthy and you would prevent carbon dioxide. I think we should also drive less and use fuel efficient cars.

10. I disagree about the sheeps not being able to burb because sheep are like us. imagine not being able to burp anytime you want. So I think that you should be able to burp anytime. (That includes the sheep.)

11. Hmm, I don’t see why it affects the enviroment. I think that sheeps should be able to burp. I mean, horses can’t burp or fart so when they eat the wrong food they get sick, and even explode.

12. i agree because only sheeps would hurt the enviorment and no body would like to smell sheep burps that would be gross and gas will come and other animals and people will smell the gas.
    πŸ™‚ :() 0-o

13. I don’t see why it’s such a big problem. You have no choice but to fart/burp because if don’t our animals will just get ill and if they get ill we will have no sheep? I don’t see why it’s too big of a problem most of the time.

14. I agree to the program that sheep burbs and farts are really bad for the environment, because of the Methane gas.
    How ever, the sheep are not able to control their farts and burbs. As a human being I also can’t control my farts and burps either.